Jump to navigation
Jump to search
Jump to main content
Turn on/off screen reader friendly version
Practical information from public agencies
Print page

Registration on arrival

  • D-number »

    If you come to Norway to work, you must apply for a tax deduction card. If you are staying in Norway for up to six months, you will be given a D-number. This number is necessary for you if you are ...

  • Personal identity number »

    As a rule, personal identity numbers are given to persons who are born in Norway or who are registered as settled here. A personal identity number may also be given to Norwegian nationals who live ...

  • Registration when moving »

    Everyone who moves to Norway from another country, between two Norwegian municipalities, or to another place in the same municipality, is obliged to notify the population register within eight days...