Jump to navigation
Jump to search
Jump to main content
Turn on/off screen reader friendly version
Practical information from public offices
Print page

Motor vehicle liability insurance tax

Road traffic insurance tax replaced what was formerly called the annual motor vehicle tax. The tax must now be paid together with the insurance premium for your vehicle, regardless of which insurance company you use.

The road traffic insurance tax will nevertheless be paid in full to the public purse and the tax must be paid per vehicle. When you pay the tax together with your car insurance, you can split the tax into the same number of instalments as your insurance premium.

Road traffic insurance tax applies to all vehicles with a gross vehicle weight of up to 7,500 kg for which you must have liability insurance.


Tip a friend

Tip a friend about this page by email

More information