Norway Post is responsible for postal services in Norway. Postal services and basic banking services should be available in every municipality in Norway. The way post offices are organised varies from place to place; some are organised as regular post offices, while others are sub-post offices in ordinary shops.
Norway Post’s services include the following:
- Sale of envelopes
- Sale of stamps for letters, postcards and small parcels
- Sending letters by recorded delivery
- Sending letters, postcards and parcels
- Sending international reply coupons or pre-payment of reply postage
- Sending insured letters
- Collection of parcels and letters sent by recorded delivery
- Collection of pre-booked tickets for cultural events
Opening hours vary from place to place. Sub-post offices have the same opening hours as the shop they are in.