Jump to navigation
Jump to search
Jump to main content
Turn on/off screen reader friendly version
Practical information from public offices
Print page

Sick leave

If you are sick longer than the time allowed by the self-declaration, you must get in touch with your doctor in order to get a medical certificate. If the doctor regards sick leave necessary, he/she will issue a medical certificate for the required period.

The doctor will also assess whether full sick leave (100 per cent) is required, or whether you are able to perform some of your work and only need partial sick leave. For example you may be on 50 per cent sick leave and work 50 per cent of the time. The employer shall adjust your duties if necessary, and follow you up while on sick leave. Active sick leave or other measures from NAV may be considered.

Other articles under Illness when you are employed

Tip a friend

Tip a friend about this page by email

More information

Call NAV's service center 555 53 333

Step by step

Related articles